The Roaming Renegades collect as little information as possible from users looking to post comments and messages on our website. We will typically collect a name (either real or alias), personal website, and e-mail address.
Cookies / IP Address tracking
With Whom Information is Shared
None of your information will be shared with third parties. The Roaming Renegades may use your e-mail address in the future to contact you regarding the site, however, an opt-out will always be provided. Your name and website may be displayed on the site if you post a comment or a message. However, your e-mail address and privacy will always be kept secure.
Blog Comments & Writing Submissions
The Roaming Renegades abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have comments you have left on the blog removed, and you’re an EU resident, please Contact Us. We will be more thane happy to amend/remove your information/comments/email from the mailing list to satisfy your request.
Before submitting your information or publishing the comment you leave, a tick box is in place for you to choose if you wish your information to be sent through. It is entirely at your discretion.
We do not retain secondary copies of commenter/reader contact details without permission. As well, we do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Also, should you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
If you submit a request from our Write for Us page, we will keep your email to which you send the submission to respond to your pitch, give full writer credit on the published article, and to inform you once published with details. Should you wish to be represented as a ghost writer with your details remaining anonymous, once you advise us of this decision, your data will be either removed or omitted prior to publishing the article.
If The Roaming Renegades choose to send out newsletter updates in the future and we have your email address on file, you may receive a copy of our newsletter. However, at the bottom of every newsletter will be an easy way to opt-out. The editors of our site hate SPAM as much as you and have no intention of filling up e-mail boxes with unwanted messages.
Third Party Advertising
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date and/or the subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioural advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
Sponsorships & Brand Campaigns
All sponsorships, brand campaigns, and compensated travel and product articles and social posts are disclosed accordingly. Unless disclosed on the article itself that we have been compensated by product, experience, or monetarily, we pay for our own travel and excursions presented on The Roaming Renegades . All opinions are always our own and never influenced by the brands we work with.
The Roaming Renegades is making every effort to ensure GDPR Compliance. In doing so, we ensure the following:
- We use Mailchimp for our newsletter, which you can opt out of, and Google Analytics for analyzing website data.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, you will receive our newsletters. You can always unsubscribe by following the link in email or by emailing us directly.
- If you provide your name, it will only be used to personalize newsletters sent to you.
- We have never sold, we are not selling, and we will not sell any of your personal data provided to us.
- All affiliates we work with are GDPR compliant.
- We sell some of our The Roaming Renegades -specific products on third party platforms including TeeMill. Please refer to their privacy policies directly on how they store or keep your data. We at The Roaming Renegades do not keep, store, sell or use your data from transactions on these sites and have no control on these sites’ privacy and disclosure practices.
- Yoast – we use Yoast to assist with our website statistics and ranking. They collect website data only. No personal data from users. To read more from their privacy regulations, refer to their site.
You have the right to:
- Be informed regarding how the data is collected and used
- Have access to the data about you
- Ask us to change the data about you
- Ask us to delete your data provided
- Ask us to stop sending you newsletters